What is Silhouette Soft®?
Silhouette Soft® is a non-surgical, minimally invasive treatment to lift the skin.
Polylactic acid (PLA), the main component of Silhouette Soft® is a well-known polymer that has been used for many years in a number of biomedical and pharmaceutical applications. It has a long history of use as resorbable suture, a drug delivery system and in surgery – in particular in orthopaedic fixation devices such as pins, rods and screws1. It is also a key material in the development of tissue engineering2.
The threads act as scaffolding under the surface of the skin to lift sagging soft tissues. The cones both hold the threads in place, and in time stimulates the body’s production of collagen to replace depleted facial volume which diminishes with age.
1Athanasiou KA – Sterilization, toxicity, biocompatibilty and clinical applications of polylactic acid / polyglycolic acid copolymers Biomaterials 1996; 17: 93-102
2 Gentile P – An overview of Poly (Lactic-co-glycolic) acid (PLGA) – based biomaterials for bone tissue engineering – Int J Mol Sci 2014; 15: 3640-3659
Why Silhouette Soft®?
Silhouette Soft® has a number of key benefits:
- Immediate lifting effect
- Progressive restoration of the body’s own lost collagen
- Entirely re-absorbable material
- Non-surgical technique
- Minimally invasive procedure
- Minimal recovery time
- Natural looking effect
How does Silhouette Soft® work?
Silhouette Soft® is one treatment with two actions:
- A lifting action for immediate effect.
- A regenerative action for gradual and natural looking results. Over time Silhouette Soft® stimulates the regeneration of lost collagen to recapture youthful definition and restore volume. The result is a nuanced, soft and natural looking face.
Only Silhouette Soft® combines these dual procedures in a two-stage action never achieved before.
What is the process?
- Local anaesthetic is applied to the face and a specially trained doctor inserts the Silhouette Soft® thread under the skin using a fine needle.
- After inserting the thread, the doctor applies slight pressure on the treated area to reshape the surface of the skin and achieve the immediate lift.
- Treatment with Silhouette Soft ® can only be performed by a specially trained doctor.
- Silhouette Soft® is a unique treatment which can be carried out on a variety of areas of the face with long lasting results.
Learn more about Silhouette Soft®
To find out more about the uniquely rejuvenating Silhouette Soft® treatment, please visit the company website.